Jon - Guy the Wanderer
Rachel – Nimush The Spirtualist
Ryan – Keegan the Monster Hunter
Todd – Dr. Mignolet the Metaphysician
Trevor – Nasi the Reanimated
Session opened with the party committed to looking for clues as to Guillaume Napier's death (See session 1!) They decided to visit the Weathermays and use Nimush's abilities with those of Helen's and Georgianne's to work a seance.
While doing so, they spent some time with the Weathermays as summed up below:
1. NImush got a tarot reading: Reversed King of Wands, Temperance, Reversed Queen of Swords. Beware of dark men and authority— deceit; Be sober thoughtful and honest in behavior; Be thoughtful and careful in behavior, avoid emotion, embrace clear-sightedness.
2. Nasi wanted to see if Helen could make him some warding armor or clothing; she wasn't able to but she gave him the ward-scarf she had worn and made a wry comment about riding into battle as her knight.
3. They had dinner and they noticed that Guy eats a lot!
4. Donald Sheridan was very drunk and became angry with Dr. Mignolet for not respecting his work, slandering Nasi in the process.
5. Daniel Foxgrove led an evening recitation of harpsichord, singing and poetry.
6. During the seance, Georgianne spoke for the dead and she collapsed after writing out the words GILMR GLAS and then shouting "DANNY NO" Helen vaguely remembered that Hobart Gilmour had been an occultist around Mordentshire some time ago (50 years or more) but was unsure what had happened to him.
7. On the way out, the friends snuck into Donald's lab and saw him passed out, investigating a strange device that seemed to lash together a coffin and a slab with various electrode helmets, etc.
- Also, Nasi had paid two silver bars to have a silver gauntlet produced that will have a graspable thumb.
Returning back to chez Napier, they were rather surprised to learn that Hobart Gilmour's daughter Oswilda was living next door to them all this time. They invited her over to learn more and Nasi snuck into her place, finding some diaries that referenced an occult glass.
More hijinks took place involving sneaking into Oswilda's place and trying to find the mirror. When she agreed to let them look at her father's library, they saw that she had hid the books Nasi had first seen. Finally they found a covered panel/painting/mirror type thing in the attic.
After cautiously exploring the mirror and trying to avoid its magic by not looking in it, they found that there was a serial killer named Danny Valentine a generation or two ago; who had been dismembered and burnt by the town elders in a illicit trial.
Finally seeking the mirror, they found Danny Valentine in his magenta frock coat, wig and hose, with four other prisoners he had (apparently?) trapped in the mirror: Hobart Gilmour, Napier, the Witch Marisol and the young girl Eliza Willoughby (who was crying blood tears.)
Nasi finally charged into the mirror to confront Danny and a fight ensued in which Danny was slain. Dr. Mignolet & Nasi freed the trapped spirits after Keegan had destroyed Marisol the witch. As they were escaping, they heard a woman's voice from downstairs in the mirror dimension shout…. "DANNY! DANNY!"
Meanwhile, Oswilda had returned from her market sojourn and Guy intercepted her. The suspicious Guy had a shouting match in the stree with her, finally alerting Mme Laforge who joined the fun. The various neighbors seemed to chalk it up to a domestic disturbance.
Having fled the mirror, Nasi & Nimush were arguing about whether to ward the wooden frame of the mirror or whether to try to use it as possibly a way to ward or frustrate other portals (i.e, Hell-cuisine portals, ooze-lord portals, etc.)
The most likely next scenario will be to do the seance again or find a way to communicate with Napier's untrapped soul in order to find out how he died and why.